Readers of thatcrazycajun's LJ already know that a dental flare-up kept me suite-bound tonight. (And from sleeping more than a few hours.) But as my sweetie also noted, transient pain aside, we are facing the New Year with a lot of blessings in hand.
- I have a loving partner whose presence in my life has been a gift beyond measure
- We're both reasonably healthy
- I'm recovering my balance, and my illness at least gave us three months we'd otherwise have spent apart
- We have friends and family who surround us with love and care
- Our families are well, and weathering the economic crisis
- We're both employed, with comfortable homes and material lives
May 2010 bring you all increased joy, love and peace. Happy New Year!